Responsible for daily Cargo Operations on a shift basis. The Cargo Supervisor will need to perform multi-skilled tasks in order to provide a speedy and efficient service to our interline partners, customers and outstations as follows.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIESKey Activities1. Flight Schedule Update and Amendments, equivalent to Network Control Operations
2. Load Planning for flights departing from Dubai based on priority indicators
3. Reservation based on request from Customers and Station
4. Liaise with Dispatch, Load Control, Network Control, Movement Control and other internal departments on flights arriving/departing in/from Dubai.
5. Analyse situation, identify cause and take critical decisions in the absence of Shift Senior Supervisor
6. Manage flight capacity on a daily basis to ensure cargo is flown as booked.
7. Liaise with Interline partners for space confirmation and transfer of cargo.
8. Prepare pre-alerts and monitor special loads such as Dangerous Goods, Live Animal, Perishable, Valuable etc;
9. Obtain approvals from Civil Aviation, State Security Department and flydubai Security for special loads like Sporting Weapons and Arms.
10. Monitor GHA activities in Dubai and ensure dispatch of cargo to the flight as per Service Level Agreements
11. Take action or follow-up on irregularity reports from network
12. Liaise with GHA and ensure transfers between terminals are effectively completed within the time frame agreed.
13. Process all related documentation manually and within automated systems to enable cargo system is updated in a timely fashion.
14. Act as reliever for staff who is on leave and in absence.
15. Supply required information/documentation to Managers to facilitate investigations and recover action as appropriate.
16. Conduct warehouse and tarmac visit to ensure critical flights are monitored to ensure flight capacity is optimized without compromising safety and security.
17. Conduct in-house training for Outstation staff, when required.
19. Attend loadability requests for outsized packages and provide confirmation to Customers.
20. Escalate IT related issues and non-compliances to Managers when observed.
21. Intercept and take decisions on queries and clarifications sought by load controllers, operating crew or any other stake holders to achieve operational efficiencies
22. Analyze daily load and provide feedback to Shift Senior Supervsiors.
23. Be part of new implementation and project discussions, when required.
24. Customer Service in the absence of Sales and Customer service staff.
25. Monitor Road Feeder Service within UAE and away
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLSMinimum Qualification • Undergraduate or Diploma in Air Cargo Management Experience • Minimum of 5 years in a similar role in an Airline or GSSAKnowledge / Skills • Knowledge of Air Cargo related procedures and policies.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications
• Successful completion of an Air Cargo related course would be a distinct advantage.Certificate / License required • Valid UAE Driving LicenseAdditional Requirements • Completion of Basic Cargo and Dangerous Goods Regulations
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic is desirable.CORE COMPETENCIES• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)