Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
The Delivery Manager – Airports is responsible for the delivery of all operational and non-operational programs for supporting the Airports operations teams. They will be expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal business units and external vendors, and represent Airports by providing specific needs, timelines, and departmental factors. The Delivery Manager – Airports will ensure smooth delivery of programs by focusing on best practices in training, communication, and change management by focusing on safety, cost, guest experience and efficiency.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of operational programs in conjunction with other WestJet departments
- i. e. new product offerings such as Plus Fare seats, software implementations such as Self-Serve application upgrades, and major procedural changes
- Coordinate the activities, tasks and create the project schedule for initiatives within a program
- Create and maintain risks, issues, actions and decision logs for initiatives/programs
- Prepare status reports, presentations and documentation related to initiatives/programs
- Coordinate venues and activities for workshops and/or events as it pertains to initiatives
- Advise on the content and facilitate the planning, coordination, and execution of training programs in conjunction with Learning and Development (including regulatory requirements, technical and guest experience training for the operations frontline team)
- Solicit feedback on current programs/procedures and provide recommendations to improve efficiency, manage costs, and improve guest experience
- Assist with the development, maintenance and utilization of specific communication tools, such as Westnet team sites, new software, new hardware, power apps
- Develop, implement and support programs and initiatives that foster high morale amongst frontline and leadership teams (i.e. R&R programs, employee experience initiatives)
- Minimum 3 years operational experience required
- Minimum 2 years Project/Process Management experience required; experience in delivering (or assisting in the delivery) programs/projects across frontline teams preferred
- Current enrollment, progress towards, or completion of a Project Management Certificate considered an asset
- Ability to cultivate and manage strong working relationships with other departments within WestJet
- Intermediate experience creating documents with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook)
- Experience using Project Management software (i.e. MS Project)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to independently manage multiple demands and competing priorities effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to present to skip level leadership
- Proven interpersonal skills when working in a team environment is required
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet’s operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet’s Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.