The successful candidate will be part of Finance Division, Financial Planning & Control Department. He/She will be responsible for ensuring proper budgeting, correct accounting, timely processing, analysis and reporting of expenses/recoveries, as well as budgeting, forecasts and cost savings initiatives for Head Office Divisions (Fixed Cost) and Variable cost items under his/her responsibility.
• Operating expenditure accounting for Divisions under his/her charge:
– Review and ensure that accruals/JVs put through for accuracy and completeness. Check for omissions/errors in invoices raised/JVs put through.
– AR and AP invoice approvals. Review and ensure correct accounting allocation by Divisions.
– Monitor and review monthly accounts variance analysis. Review and monitor Divisions’ expenditure against budget and forecast. Work with users on explanations for budget overruns, virement processes and supplementary budgets. Ensure that users comply with Finance Manual procedures on budgetary control.
– Discuss and liaise with Divisions on accounting treatment for their business process/initiatives.
– Compile and analyze material monthly expense variances. Submission of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to Corporate Accounts & Projects department as per reporting timelines.
– Monitor and clear suspense accounts to ensure that balances are within timelines set. Work with users on explanations for balances exceeding stipulated timelines.
• Annual operating budget exercise:
– Assist with preparation work for roll out of budget exercise.
– Assist/Support Divisions on queries regarding budget and forecast. Work with Divisions to identify and achieve cost savings/efficiencies.
– Assist with preparation of budget paper as per timeline.
• Quarterly/monthly rolling forecast exercises for operating expenditure:
– Assist with user queries and carrying out of preparation work for roll out of forecast exercises.
– Analysis of significant variances for forecast figures for preparation of forecast papers.
• Understand the business processes of the different divisions and how it relates to the accounting treatment of their expenses. Work closely with the various divisions to have a better understanding of their operations and be able to provide value-added advice whenever necessary.
• Work with internal and external auditors during their audits of the section’s processes and controls. Follow up on recommendations given.
• Handle ad-hoc projects, such as implementation or enhancements of IT systems, to improve processes. Department’s representative for ad-hoc projects/exercises or administrative matters.
• Provide guidance to staff on work procedures relating to the use of systems (eg: SAP, Cognos) and resolution of work related problems. Monitor and assess staff performance.
• Good Degree in Accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification recognised by ACCA.
• Good attention to details.
• Good numerical and analytical skills.
• Effective time management skills.
• Effective communications skills.