Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
The Premium Customer Services Representative is an ambassador of American Airlines, providing superior hospitality, excellent customer service, extensive ticketing and problem resolution for our most valuable customers in all areas covered by the Premium Customer Services organization. Premium Customer Services Representatives provide enhanced, extraordinary services in a positive, enthusiastic, courteous and friendly manner to all customers and guests
What you’ll do
These are the essential functions of the job
This list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed when operationally necessary, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Provide premium customer service to all customers
- Register customers and verify their access to club(s) and/or lounge(s)
- Greet customers by completing all guest experience items (e.g., greet customers using their name when possible, ensure name tag is visible, provide WIFI password, ask how you can assist)
- Book and confirm flight reservations (e.g., using the semi-automated business review environment [SABRE], Qantas Intelligent Keypad [QIK]) All
- Check premium customers in for their flights (e.g., flight changes, rebooking, passport verification swipe)
- Monitor flights to identify boarding times, delays, or disruptions to best accommodate customer needs
- Issue customer tickets (e.g., day of departure, reissues, future tickets)
- Cancel passenger reservations, as requested
- Place customers on priority lists (e.g., upgrades, standby)
- Provide timely resolution of customers’ travel issues
- Contact the next level of customer service support (i.e., premium services CSCs or CSMs) to address unresolved customer issues, as needed
- Document customer issues in the passenger name record (PNR)
- Perform club enrollment or sales activities (e.g., Admiral’s Club, credit card memberships)
- Coordinate all services provided to elite status customers (e.g., Concierge Key program and Five Star service)
- Assist elite status customers (e.g., Concierge Key, Five Star Members) as they move throughout terminals
- Assist customers with their baggage, as needed
- Monitor or maintain the appearance of the lounges or clubs (e.g., via conduct of walk-throughs)
- Communicate with business partners to ensure food and beverages are provided to club and/or lounge customers at all times
- Oversee the activities of business partners providing services (e.g., catering, sanitation) to the club(s) and/or lounge(s)
- Assist customers with technology provided in the club(s) and/or lounge(s)
- Reserve conference rooms (e.g., 1 hour) for same-day travel requests
- Coordinate services for any meetings occurring in conference rooms (e.g., food for the meetings)
- Complete open or close procedures for club(s) and/or lounge(s)
- Address escalated customer issues or concerns
- Conduct liquor inventory audit with beverage business partner (at some airports)
- Monitor KeyStar system to arrange appropriate services for customers (e.g., government officials, OneWorld, Concierge Key, FiveStar) (at some airports)
- Report to position on time, as scheduled, and at your assigned station or location, including mandatory overtime requirements, varying shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Complete job-relevant trainings
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and performance standards
- Wear uniforms as required by company policy
- Adhere to government regulations (e.g., DOT, FAA, TSA)
- Use multiple internal resources/systems, including during customer interactions
*Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualifying individuals with disabilities.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Actively demonstrate extraordinary customer service and customer engagement in an environment of hospitality
- Ability to work under pressure, handle a multitude of projects concurrently while paying close attention to detail and customer service
- Excellent salesmanship skills/interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and public contact
- Service-oriented and self-motivated with a high level of professionalism
- Able to attend training classes in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Prior customer hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior travel industry experience preferred
- PC experience preferred
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends and holidays
- Must report to work on a regular and timely basis
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.