‘On the field’ function to coordinate, supervise, prioritize and assume responsibility for all Brussels Airlines day to day maintenance operations (line & light) and production department resources (manpower, tools, facilities, …)
Key result areas
Safety, Security & Compliance in production:
- Ensure that the safety and quality standards as set by the company are obtained
- Monitor & ensure compliance with all applicable procedures for all technical staff within the production department (incl cabin, technical support, etc) and identify/report all non-compliances with such procedures
- Ensure respect of the health and safety procedures, correct in case of anomalies and report incidents
- Assume full responsibility during his/her shift for the on-time performance and airworthiness of the fleet, and for the department productivity for both line & light operations
- Define & ensure a clear plan of action is in place, and that this action plan is clearly communicated, understood, followed & executed by all involved staff. Good coordination with all stakeholders.
- Ensure correct and efficient shift handovers are done at all levels.
- Ensure equipment and staff are treated with respect
- Actively take part in regular meetings with Production department Management in order to evaluate and improve the procedures, processes, resources, …
- Ensure correct housekeeping in our maintenance facility
- Continuously motivate, assist & correct as required all staff reporting (directly or indirectly) to him/her by being ‘on the field’
- Supervise the manpower task assignment in order to maximize productivity while ensuring knowledge transfer between staff and continuous experience build-up is maintained and promoted
- Evaluate all direct reports (Team leaders and technicians)
Any other duty as may be required by the production manager for the safe and punctual departure of the aircraft
- Minimum A2, preferable aviation school or equivalent by experience;
- Minimum experience required: 5 years as B1 or B2;
- Ability to approach a situation or problem in a structured, methodological and logical way;
- Good analytical skills;
- Strong Communicator
- Very good in English verbal and written skills (Dutch or French is an asset);
- Knowledgeable in the essential functions of MS Office products (word, excel) is a plus;
- Good knowledge of AMOS is a plus.
- Coach, organizer and team player
- Very precise and detailed approach;
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely both written and verbal;
- Ability to take initiative on a given task and persist with the task to its completion;
- Decision maker;
- Stress resistant.